The guarantee applies only to the product named EHC Neptune Unvented Hot Water Cylinder. Hereafter the term ‘product’ refers to EHC Neptune Hot Water Cylinder.
Electric Heating Company guarantees to the homeowner that for a period of 2 years from the date of commissioning or legal completion if new build, that the products and associated components installed will conform to EHC specification; and be free from defects in materials and workmanship, subject to the conditions set out below.
Please note: This guarantee excludes all pipework and connections and excludes any ancillary equipment as may be connected to the product. (Ex: descaling equipment, water softeners) The guarantee is extended to a total of 25 years for the stainless steel inner vessel in domestic properties.
This guarantee means that Electric Heating Company will take responsibility for the cost of guarantee repair of a product by an approved Electric Heating Company Service Engineer, so that the product shall conform to Electric Heating Company specification.
Electric Heating Company reserves the right, at it’s discretion to replace a product or major component where it considers it to be beyond economical repair.
In the event of a breakdown during the guarantee period please call our
Customer Service Department on: 01698 820533
Guarantee repair is free of charge to you for any parts and labour, providing all the guarantee conditions have been met.
GUARANTEE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read the following conditions before registering your product and before seeking any guarantee service support IMPORTANT: Electric Heating Company guarantee is subject to the homeowner registering with the Electric Heating Company Customer Service Department within 30 days of commissioning / occupation if new build to confirm:
• Product Make / Model
• Details of installation
Please complete the registration card provided and return to:
Customer Service Department,
Electric Heating Company,
Unit 40 Block 5 Third Road Blantyre
or register the product on-line at: www.electric-heatingcompany.co.uk/warranty-registration/
If you do not register the Product then Electric Heating Company Guarantee is limited to twelve months from the date of commissioning. The product must be maintained by a competent person* within 12 months after commissioning, and thereafter at 12 monthly intervals.
Electric Heating Company reserves the right to seek evidence of this maintenance to our reasonable satisfaction before approving any guarantee servicing / repairs. This may include evidence of completed Service Record and service agreement / invoice. Annual Services are available from the Customer Service/Technical Support team.
*A competent person is a business that has been adjudged by an accredited body
** to be sufficiently competent to self-certify that its work complies with Document (G) Part 3 of the Building Regulations of England and Wales.
*May Include SEI registered installers and/or FAS trained plumbers who have completed the renewables technology module
** An example of which is BPEC Any exchanged component will become the legal property of Electric Heating Company.
This guarantee is valid provided that:
• The product has been installed by a competent installer and as per the instructions contained in the installation manual and all relevant Codes of Practice and Regulations in force at the time of installation.
• Any disinfection has been carried out in accordance with BS 6700.
• The product has not been modified in any way.
• The system is fed from domestic mains water supply and is in compliance with water regulations 1999, the water supply(Scotland) byelaws 2014, water supply regulations(Northern Ireland) 2009 or the water services act(Ireland) 2007
• The product has only been used for the storage of wholesome water (max. 250mg/l chloride – for hard water areas, EHC recommend the use of an electrolytic scale reducer)
• Any 3rd party labour charges associated with replacing the unit or any of its components have been authorised in advance by the Customer Service/ Technical Support team.
• It has only been used for the storage of potable water.
• The product has not been subjected to frost, nor has it been tampered with or been subjected to misuse or neglect.
• No factory fitted parts have been removed for unauthorised repair or replacement.
• The Commissioning Checklist and Service Record included with this product Installation Manual have been completed.
• Regular maintenance has been carried out by a competent person in accordance with the requirements set out in the maintenance section of
the installation manual.
• The owner or installer has registered the product on-line at www.electric-heatingcompany.co.uk/warranty-registration within 30 days of purchase or by sending completed Guarantee slip (page 28). Failure to do so may result in a reduced warranty period.
• Evidence of purchase and date of supply must be submitted upon making a claim.
• Any replacement parts used should be authorised Electric Heating Company spare parts.
•If a defect arises and a valid claim is received within the warranty period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law the Electric Heating Company shall either:
(1) Repair the defect at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts
(2) Exchange the product with a product that is new or which has been manufactured using new or serviceable used parts
(3) Refund the purchase price or a reasonable proportion of the purchase price.
The Electric Heating Company reserves the right to inspect the product at your home before proceeding with any guarantee repair or replacement.
Any valid guarantee claim or guarantee service does not extend the original guarantee period. Information on extend warranties is available upon request.
The guarantee only applies to the property at which the product was originally installed and applied only to properties in the United Kingdom & Ireland. The guarantee is fully transferable from a change of legal ownership of the property.
EXCLUSIONS – The guarantee does not cover:
Electric Heating Company will not be liable for any fault or costs arising from incorrect installation, incorrect application, lack of regular maintenance or neglect, accidental damage, malicious damage, misuse, any alteration, tampering or repair carried by a non competent person.
• The product if the factory fitted temperature and pressure relief valve has been tampered with or removed.
• Neither the Distributor nor Manufacturer shall be responsible for any consequential damage howsoever caused.
• The effects of scale build up or the effects of corrosion.
• Any consequential losses caused by the failure or malfunction of the product.
• Faults and any associated costs arising from lack of power or water.
• Failure incurred by water contamination, air pollution and natural disasters.
• This guarantee is not valid for installations outside the United Kingdom and Ireland.
• Any consequential loss, loss of profits, revenues or receipts howsoever arising from any non-conformity or defect affecting the product or from any delay in repair or replacement of the product.
• Any loss or damage caused by delay in conduct of services or supply of parts required to rectify the non-conformity or defect (provided Electric Heating Company will use all reasonable efforts to ensure services are performed on a timely basis).
• For repair or replacement of any product consumables or decorative finishes, such as filters and casings. This guarantee does not affect any legal rights you may have as a consumer under applicable national legislation governing your purchase of this product For installations outside of the United Kingdom and Ireland, please contact Customer Service/Technical Support. The Electric Heating Company shall make final determination as to the validity of any guarantee claim, and shall be entitled to charge you all reasonable costs incurred in investigating the claim where there is no fault found, or the guarantee claim is rejected in accordance with these conditions.
For any further guidance on Warranty cover please
contact our Technical Support Team on 01698 820533.